"Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. 25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him." (NIV)
- What event mentioned in Daniel 9:27 marks the start of the final
seven year segment?
- Who is the "he" in Daniel 9:27?
- HINT: Daniel 9:26 "ruler"
- What would we call a seven year covenant made between two governments
- What exactly does the ruler do in the temple that is an abomination
and that leaves the temple desolate?
- HINT: "set up" an abomination.
- HINT: 2 Thessalonians 2:4
- When exactly does he enter God's temple and proclaim himself
to be God?
- NOTE: 3 1/2 years=1260 days=42 months (The prophetic calendar consists of 12, 30 day months - why I don't know.)
- Can we place the time of this week relative to other events in
- HINT: Daniel 9:24 These become fulfilled for Israel at the end of the 70th week.
- HINT: Daniel 11:31, 45
- HINT: Daniel 7:8-11
- HINT: Revelation 13:5, 19:20
- HINT: Revelation 20:4-6 "Thousand year reign