- When did Jesus come as Israel's King the first time?
- HINT: Matthew 21:1-9, Mark 11:1-10, Luke 19:28-38, John 12:12-15
- What was the Sign of his First Coming?
- HINT: Matthew 21:5 "Donkey"
- HINT: Zechariah 9:9
- NOTE: When you see the word "See" used in this manner it is a sign that you are seeing.
"Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. 25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing of the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him." (NIV)
- When did the Anointed one come?
- NOTE: Each "week" or "seven" is a seven year period, so 7 "sevens" and 62 "sevens" is equal to 7 times 7 years plus 62 times 7 years, or 49 years plus 434 years, that is 483 years.
- In this prophecy is the year that the Anointed comes the same
as the year that he is cut off?
- When Jesus first came as Israel's King, to whom did he come?
- HINT: Mark 8:31, Luke 9:22
- HINT: Luke 17:25
- HINT: Romans 11:25-27
- If Jesus' Official Coming was just before he was crucified, when
did he actually start his public ministry?
- HINT: Matthew 4:12-17
- What was the actual start of ministry?
- HINT: Matthew 3:13-17, Mark 1:9-11, Luke 3;21-22,
- What is the exact Sign of the start of Jesus' ministry?
- HINT: John 1:32-34
- Which Sign was more visible to the people, the sign of the actual
start of his ministry, or the sign of his coming as Israel's King.
- Who did Jesus come for at the beginning of his ministry? The
people of the Nation of Israel, or the believers?
- What is the Sign of Jesus' Second Coming?
- HINT: Matthew 24:29-30 The Sun, Moon, and Stars darken.
- What is the Sign of Jesus' actual Second Coming?
- HINT: Revelation 11:15
- HINT: 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
- HINT: Revelation 11:11-12
- Who does Jesus come for at the actual Second Coming, that is,
at the beginning of his ministry? Believers or the Unbelievers?
- Who does Jesus come for at his Official Second Coming as recorded
in Matthew 24:29-30?
- HINT: The Church has been caught-up three and a half years before this event.
- NOTE: It is interesting that at the First Coming of the Lord that he ministered for what appears to be three and a half years and that he works behind the scenes for three and a half years at his Second Coming also. The prophetic events repeat many times so as to give us clues about what is going to happen. I find it very probable that John the Baptist preached for three and a half years before Jesus started his ministry. This corresponds with the two witnesses in Revelation chapter eleven preaching for three and a half years before the start of Jesus' next earthly ministry.