"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 "Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'
5 "But they paid no attention and went off -- one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8 "Then he said to his servants, "The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 "But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 "Friend,' he asked, "how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.
13 "Then the king told the attendants, "Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen." (NIV)
- Who were those that were originally invited?
- HINT: John 1:11
- HINT: Romans 11:13-16
- Who are the ones that actually went?
- HINT: Romans 11:17-18
- HINT: Romans 11:25
- Who is the man at the wedding banquet without wedding chothes?
- HINT: Matthew 7:21
- NOTE: Not everyone who thinks that they are a Christian are.
- In this parable there are two places that the people go, first
the wedding banquet and where is the other?
- HINT: Matthew 22:13 "Outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."
- Where, exactly, will "Outside" be?
- HINT: Matthew 8:10-12
- HINT: Matthew 13:40-43
- HINT: Matthew 13:47-50
- HINT: Matthew 24:45-51
- NOTE: At the end of this age Jesus will come and receive the true and faithful followers to himself. Then the world will enter the time called the Day of the Lord, The Fiery Furnace, The Time of Testing--this is the place of weeping and gnashing of teeth. This is the time that Jesus was referring to in Matthew 24:15-22.
- The time of the Wedding Banquet is that same time as the Fiery Furnace.
"At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6 "At midnight the cry rang out: 'Here's the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!'
7 "Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.'
9 "'No,' they replied, 'there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.' 10 "But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11 "Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'
12 "But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'
13 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour. (NIV)
- When does the Bridegroom come?
- HINT: At the time of Matthew 24:15
Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear."
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)
9 Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added, "These are the true words of God." (NIV)
- When does this happen?
- HINT: Revelation 11:15-18 The Lord Reigns
- NOTE: The Wedding of the Lamb is another name for the Catching-up of the Church, that is, the Rapture, or we can say that it is a name for the time that we will be with the Lord, in the spirit, during the time that the world is in the Fiery Furnace.
- For more information concerning the Bride of Christ please read my paper by that title here at SeekersTrove.